Veneers For Teeth In Jefferson City
Conditions | Treatment | Prepless Veneers | Veneers Procedure
Porcelain veneers are commonly used to improve the appearance of teeth. Veneers for teeth are custom made ultra thin shells made of tooth colored materials. Porcelain veneers are bonded with adhesive to the front and sometimes the side of the tooth to fix chipped, discolored, uneven, misshapen, worn down or widely spaced teeth.
As we age, the wear and tear on our natural teeth can result in a less than beautiful appearance because they chip and crack more easily. Veneers for teeth can give your smile a lift and give you back the gift of a confident, healthy smile.
Conditions That Can Be Treated with Veneers
- Chipped teeth
- Cracked teeth
- Misshapen teeth
- Discolored teeth
- Crooked teeth
- Widely spaced teeth
- Alternative to braces
A dental veneer or tooth veneers can perform an important function in addition to improving the appearance of a tooth. A dental veneer protects the surface of a damaged tooth and can prevent more invasive dental procedures like crowns.
Dental Veneer Treatment
After our cosmetic dentist in Jefferson City confers with you to determine if veneers for teeth are a good option, we will prepare the tooth or teeth that are going to receive the dental veneer or porcelain veneers. Preparation for porcelain veneers consists of removing 1/2 millimeter of enamel from the surface of the tooth. We then will make an impression of the tooth (or teeth) that the lab will use to create the dental veneer or veneers for teeth. It can take 1-2 weeks to receive the veneers for teeth back from the lab.
On your next visit to our Jefferson City dentist office, we will place the dental veneer on the tooth to examine the fit and color before bonding it to the tooth surface. Before the dental veneer is bonded to the tooth, the dentist will clean, polish, and roughen up the surface of the existing tooth to ensure a strong bond with the dental veneer. Once the porcelain veneers are bonded to the teeth, we apply a special light beam to activate chemicals in the cement that cause it to cure quickly. Once the veneers for teeth are bonded and cured, we make a final check to make sure the bite is properly aligned and make any final adjustments.
What are Prepless Veneers?
Do you wish to have a beautiful smile but have teeth that are cracked, chipped, spaced too far apart, discolored, broken or misshapen? It would be nice if there was a way to correct these problems that is quick and easy. Well, guess what? There is at our Jefferson City dentist clinic!
The answer is a cosmetic dentistry procedure known as prepless veneers, which are porcelain veneers that can be placed quickly and easily to give you a glowing, fresh, beautiful smile. We use the DURAthin prepless veneers or dental veneers for this treatment. DURAthin prepless veneers are an excellent product that is a proven tooth veneers treatment.
How do prepless tooth veneers work?
- The dental veneers are made from porcelain, which may sound very fragile, but in fact are quite durable.
- The tooth veneers are thin shells that are bonded to the front and sometimes the sides of your teeth.
- The tooth veneers are used for a variety of issues, including repairing (by covering up) cracks, chips, gaps between teeth, discoloration, misshapen teeth, or anything otherwise unattractive in your smile.
- Traditional dental veneers require that a thin covering of your original teeth be shaved off to prepare to bond the tooth veneers to your teeth. With DURAthin prepless veneers, no such preparation is required.
- For the DURAthin prepless veneers, you will be measured for the tooth veneers. Then the specifications will be sent to the DURAthin prepless veneers lab, where your custom made porcelain dental veneers will be made.
- On your next visit to our Jefferson City office, you will be fitted for the DURAthin prepless veneers and they will be bonded to your teeth. The dentist will then do more fitting once they are attached.
- You will then walk out with a gorgeous smile made with DURAthin prepless veneers. We think you will be amazed at the dazzling smile you then have!
Find Out If Porcelain Dental Veneers Are Right For You in Jefferson City
Interested in learning more about porcelain veneers for teeth? Give us a call at our Jefferson City dentist office today and we will be happy to answer your questions or schedule a consultation for you. We are also happy to answer any other cosmetic dentistry related questions you may have!