At Jefferson City Dental Care, we can answer your questions about improving your smile.
- Do you have a missing tooth?
- Are you considering the types of tooth restorations available?
- Does a dental bridge seem to make the most sense financially?
If you have a missing tooth and want to restore that gap in your mouth, you should examine the differences between a dental bridge and a dental implant.
Dental bridges have replaced teeth for generations of people. However, they are a 3-tooth solution to a 1-tooth problem. The teeth next to the missing tooth must be prepped and crowned to hold the replacement (floating) tooth.
Why does a dental implant have key advantages over a dental bridge?
- 1-tooth solution to a 1-tooth problem.
- Usually stronger.
- Lessen the risk of bone recession (as compared to a bridge) because it replaces the tooth root.
- Easier to keep clean which results in a lower risk of decay.
- Lasts longer.
- Eventually, could support a denture or partial denture.
If you need to replace a tooth, talk to us about all of your treatment options. If you select a dental implant, it will probably be less pricey in the long run and will certainly feel better.
At Jefferson City Dental Care in Jefferson City MO, we are committed to the dental health of all of our patients. Services include general and family dentistry, cosmetic dentistry, as well as dental implants and clear braces like Invisalign and Six Month Smiles. Make an appointment today.
Contact Jefferson City Dental Care:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):