Would you like whiter teeth? Who doesn’t? Teeth whitening at Jefferson City Dental Care is an affordable way to improve your smile, look younger, and feel more confident.
Here are five things about teeth whitening that Jefferson City Dental Care would like you to keep in mind:
- Meet with your dentist for a consultation first. There are several different teeth whitening systems, and a consultation will help you establish which protocol is best for you.
- Whitening does not affect existing fillings, veneers, or crowns.
- During your consultation, decide how many shades lighter you want your teeth to be at the end of the treatment. Depending on the whitening procedure chosen, your teeth can be whitened by three to eight shades. An in-office procedure achieves a degree of lightening that cannot be achieved with over-the-counter products. During your treatment, your dentist may apply a coating to protect your gums and roots while the bleaching agent is applied.
- As an alternative, your dentist may customize a take-home kit for you. Make sure you follow the instructions exactly. First, molds are made from your upper and lower arch. Then the lab creates trays to hold the bleach. While this technique may take longer, it is more economical and more convenient for many patients. Teeth whitening results from either method can last from six months to two years.
- With any of the teeth whitening systems, tooth sensitivity may transpire. In most cases, it won’t last for more than a day or so. Call Jefferson City Dental Care if it lasts longer.
In addition to general dentistry, Jefferson City Dental Care services include dental implants, porcelain veneers, and dental crowns. At Jefferson City Dental Care, quality care and a comfortable patient experience are our top priorities.
Contact Jefferson City Dental Care:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):